Protected within the Parc National des Volcans, the lushly forested slopes of the virunga mountains form an appropriately dramatic setting for what is arguably the most poignant and memorable wildlife experience to be had in the wilds of Africa: Gorilla tracking.
Our program starts in Kigali, the charming capital of Rwanda where you will meet your local guide and enjoy a briefing on Rwanda’s history and what to expect on your tour.
Arrive Kigali Rwanda at the Intercontinental Hotel.
Parc national des Volcans, Gorilla trek and overnight at Mountain Gorillas Nest lodge or Silverback lodge.
Second Gorilla trek and return to Kigali, intercontinental Hotel
Uganda is a developing country while The Uganda Safari Company endeavors to make the itinerary as accurate as possible, it should be considered as an approximate schedule of activities rather than a rigid schedule of events. Trip itineraries are subject to revision due to weather, trail conditions, government and local restrictions, animal movement and other reasons beyond our control. In addition, frequent reconnaissances of routes sometimes determine a better routing. We do our best to ascertain the most beautiful and best route possible throughout your safari with us.
Our prices vary depending on the itinerary and the number of people on the trip. We try to make our prices all-inclusive so that our clients are not reaching for their wallets all the time. The 4x4 Land Cruiser and safari guide will be at your exclusive use throughout the safari which provides you with great flexibility. Your guide will accompany you throughout your safari, assist you with check-in at your accommodation and share his knowledge with you on flora and fauna of Uganda. The only things currently not included are guest drinks and items of a personal nature (souvenirs, tips, etc).
- All ground transportation and fuel and transfers as per itinerary
- All meals as specified in this itinerary
- Accommodations as noted in this itinerary
- Water in the vehicle
- Activities as indicated in the itinerary
- All game drives in 4 wheel drive vehicles
- Ranger guide fees
- 1 Night at Mountain Gorillas Nest lodge or Silverback lodge.
- 2 Nights at Kigali, intercontinental Hotel
- Park & conservation fees
- All applicable taxes, administration and banking fees
Excluded In Land Cost
- All airport departure taxes
- All passport and visa fees (USD50 )
- All meals not specified on this itinerary
- Specialty wines, spirits and champagne throughout this itinerary
- Items of a personal nature: fax, telephone, etc.
- Any extras and additional activities not mentioned in the itinerary
- Travel / medical insurance
- Laundry in Kigali
- Gratuities for Guide/driver / hotel staff
- Trip cancellation, travel delay or baggage insurance.
- Charges incurred as a result of delays beyond our control.
Refunds for Unused Portions of Trip
No refunds can be made for any accommodations, services, or features not taken. If cancellation occurs while the trip is in progress, there will be no refund for any unused portion.
Payment and Cancellation Policy
- To confirm Gorilla Permits $1500 per person
- Deposit at time of Safari confirmation 30% of total safari costs including air charters
- 45 Days Prior to Departure Balance
- Non-refundable cancellation charge $500 per person
- Non-refundable at time of trip confirmation 25% of total safari costs including air charters
- 31-45 days before departure 50% of the total Safari Cost
- 30 days or less before departure No Refund