This morning, you will depart by road to Murchison Falls National Park.This scenic drive will take approximately 6 hours. Before checking in the Lodge, you will visit thetop of the Murchison Falls which is a fantastic sight. Here the Nile, the longest river in the world, is forced through a narrow gap in the rock (only 7 meters wide), before ferociously plunging down 43 meters. Relax at the lodge in the afternoon or venture out for an afternoon game drive.
Uganda's largest park (3840 sq km) protects a chunk of untamed African savannah bisected by the mighty river Nile, covering an altitude from 600 – 1300 meters. It is named for the dramatic Murchison Falls, where the world's longest river explodes violently through a narrow cleft in the Rift Valley escarpment to plunge into a frothing pool 43m below. The Nile itself hosts one of Africa's densest hippo and crocodile populations, and a dazzling variety of water birds including the world's most accessible wild population of the rare shoebill stork. A total of 76 mammal species and roughly 460 bird species have been recorded.
Landscapes range from savannah ecosystems and grassland to riverine woodlands. The South of the park is characterized by dense woodlands.
Paraa Safari Lodge is a large lodge, which has recently been refurbished and is very well located for game viewing within Murchison National Park. The Lodge has 54 rooms, 4 which are double rooms and 50 twin rooms, all of which have en-suite bathrooms and mosquito nets. They have a large swimming pool looking out over the Victoria Nile with a bar, at which you sit while in the water. They have a boutique from which you can purchase clothing, local crafts, basic necessities and souvenirs. The meals are generally served as a buffet.
Overnight at Para Safari Lodge (FB)
Up early for a morning game drive. Your drive will take you across to Lake Albert and the Nile Delta where you are most likely to see a lot of animals.
Murchison Falls National Park is well cited for the best wildlife viewing - giraffe, buffalo, lion, elephant, Nile crocodile, hippo, oribi, bush buck, waterbuck.
Return to the lodge for lunch and the chance to relax before taking a boat trip in the afternoon which takes around 3 hours. This boat trip along theNile is often cited as being the highlight of a trip to Murchison Falls National Park since it allows you to get up-close and personal with the animals. Along this stretch of the river, there are reported to be around 4,000 hippos in addition to some enormous Nile crocodiles. The birdlife is stunning with eagles, brightly colored kingfishers and bee-eaters darting along the river banks. The boat takes you to the base of the falls which only adds to their impressiveness.
Overnight at Para Safari Lodge (FB)
We will transfer to Kampala. B,L
Uganda is a developing country while we endeavor to make the itinerary as accurate as possible, it should be considered as an approximate schedule of activities rather than a rigid schedule of events. Trip itineraries are subject to revision due to weather, trail conditions, government and local restrictions, animal movement and other reasons beyond our control. In addition, frequent reconnaissances of routes sometimes determine a better routing. We do our best to ascertain the most beautiful and best route possible throughout your safari with us.
The cost of this private safari for 2 people, as described in the itinerary will come up to:
Each of 2 pays : US$941.00 Sharing
Total safari costs US$1,882.00
Safari itinerary can only be guaranteed once a given deposit payment has reached our accounts.
Our prices vary depending on the itinerary and the number of people on the trip. We try to make our prices all-inclusive so that our clients are not reaching for their wallets all the time. The 4x4 Land Cruiser and safari guide will be at your exclusive use throughout the safari which provides you with great flexibility. Your guide will accompany you throughout your safari, assist you with check-in at your accommodation and share his knowledge with you on flora and fauna of Uganda. The only things currently not included are guest drinks and items of a personal nature (souvenirs, tips, etc).
- all ground transportation and fuel and transfers as per itinerary (we recommend 12kgs per person for local charter flights)
- all meals as specified in this itinerary (except hotels in Kampala or Entebbe which are generally B&B)
- accommodations as noted in this itinerary (or similar)
- water, snacks, tea and coffee in the vehicle
- activities as indicated in the itinerary
- all game drives in a shared 4 wheel drive vehicle
- ranger guide fees
- park & conservation fees
- all applicable taxes, administration and banking fees
- charter flights subject to change due to fuel increase
Not Included In Land Cost
- International flights
- All airport departure taxes
- All passport and visa fees (USD50 )
- All meals not specified on this itinerary
- All drinks including alcoholic beverages
- Specialty wines, spirits and champagne throughout this itinerary
- Items of a personal nature: fax, telephone, etc.
- Any extras and additional activities not mentioned in the itinerary
- Travel / medical insurance
- Laundry in Entebbe/Kampala
- Gratuities for Guide/driver / hotel staff
- Trip cancellation, travel delay or baggage insurance.
- Charges incurred as a result of delays beyond our control.