Visit Murchison Falls National park and view the big five while on private game drives, see the thundering falls on the Nile and take to Lake Albert for the shoe bill and birds.
Day 1 Arrival
Arrive at Entebbe International Airport, meet and greet services will be offered by a Uganda Safari Chapter guide & then transfer to your hotel.
Overnight at Urban City Blue Hotel (BB)
Day 2 Murchison Falls National Park
This morning, you will depart by road to Murchison Falls National Park. This scenic drive will take approximately 6 hours. Before checking in the Lodge, you will visit thetop of the Murchison Falls which is a fantastic sight. Here the Nile, the longest river in the world, is forced through a narrow gap in the rock (only 7 meters wide), before ferociously plunging down 43 meters. Relax at the lodge in the afternoon or venture out for an afternoon game drive.
Uganda's largest park (3840 sq km) protects a chunk of untamed African savannah bisected by the mighty river Nile, covering an altitude from 600 – 1300 meters. It is named for the dramatic Murchison Falls, where the world's longest river explodes violently through a narrow cleft in the Rift Valley escarpment to plunge into a frothing pool 43m below. The Nile itself hosts one of Africa's densest hippo and crocodile populations, and a dazzling variety of water birds including the world's most accessible wild population of the rare shoebill stork. A total of 76 mammal species and roughly 460 bird species have been recorded. Landscapes range from savannah ecosystems and grassland to riverine woodlands. The South of the park is characterized by dense woodlands.
Pakuba Safari Lodge is nestled on the Eastern Bank of the Albert Nile in Murchison Falls National Park overlooking the spectacular River Nile. The lodge location affords panoramic views of the mighty River Nile, sweeping vistas of the surrounding riverine forest below and captivating surrounding wilderness where travelers get the chance to sight Giraffes, Elephants, Antelopes and occasionally Leopards that pay regular visits to the lodge. Our tastefully furnished rooms offer comfort, style and serenity.
Overnight at Pakuba Safari Lodge (FB)
Day 3 Murchison Falls National Park
Up early for a morning game drive. Your drive will take you across to Lake Albert and the Nile Delta where you are most likely to see a lot of animals.
Murchison Falls National Park is well cited for the best wildlife viewing - giraffe, buffalo, lion, elephant, Nile crocodile, hippo, oribi, bush buck, waterbuck.
Return to the lodge for lunch and the chance to relax before taking a boat trip in the afternoon which takes around 3 hours. This boat trip along theNile is often cited as being the highlight of a trip to Murchison Falls National Park since it allows you to get up-close and personal with the animals. Along this stretch of the river, there are reported to be around 4,000 hippos in addition to some enormous Nile crocodiles. The birdlife is stunning with eagles, brightly colored kingfishers and bee-eaters darting along the river banks. The boat takes you to the base of the falls which only adds to their impressiveness.
Overnight at Pakuba Safari Lodge (FB)
Day 4 Murchison Falls National Park
We will transfer to Kampala. B,L
Uganda is a developing country while The Uganda Safari Company endeavors to make the itinerary as accurate as possible, it should be considered as an approximate schedule of activities rather than a rigid schedule of events. Trip itineraries are subject to revision due to weather, trail conditions, government and local restrictions, animal movement and other reasons beyond our control. In addition, frequent reconnaissances of routes sometimes determine a better routing. We do our best to ascertain the most beautiful and best route possible throughout your safari with us.
Our prices vary depending on the itinerary and the number of people on the trip. We try to make our prices all-inclusive so that our clients are not reaching for their wallets all the time. The 4x4 Land Cruiser and safari guide will be at your exclusive use throughout the safari which provides you with great flexibility. Your guide will accompany you throughout your safari, assist you with check-in at your accommodation and share his knowledge with you on flora and fauna of Uganda. The only things currently not included are guest drinks and items of a personal nature (souvenirs, tips, etc).
Included In Land Cost
- All ground transportation and fuel and transfers as per itinerary
- All meals as specified in this itinerary
- Accommodations as noted in this itinerary
- Water in the vehicle
- Activities as indicated in the itinerary
- All game drives in 4 wheel drive vehicles
- Ranger guide fees
- 2 nights at Pakuba Safari Lodge
- 1 night at Urban City Blue Hotel
- Park & conservation fees
- All applicable taxes, administration and banking fees
Excluded In Land Cost
- All airport departure taxes
- All passport and visa fees (USD50 )
- All meals not specified on this itinerary
- Specialty wines, spirits and champagne throughout this itinerary
- Items of a personal nature: fax, telephone, etc.
- Any extras and additional activities not mentioned in the itinerary
- Travel / medical insurance
- Laundry in Entebbe/Kampala
- Gratuities for Guide/driver / hotel staff
- Trip cancellation, travel delay or baggage insurance.
- Charges incurred as a result of delays beyond our control.
Refunds for Unused Portions of Trip
No refunds can be made for any accommodations, services, or features not taken. If cancellation occurs while the trip is in progress, there will be no refund for any unused portion.
Payment and Cancellation Policy
- To confirm Gorilla Permits $600 per person
- Deposit at time of Safari confirmation 30% of total safari costs including air charters
- 45 Days Prior to Departure Balance
- Non-refundable cancellation charge $500 per person
- Non-refundable at time of trip confirmation 25% of total safari costs including air charters
- 31-45 days before departure 50% of the total Safari Cost
- 30 days or less before departure No Refund