|Addendum||Revised Gorilla permit fees by Uganda Wildlife Authority (UWA) EFFECTIVE 01st January 2018 at $600 and Chimp trek fees at $150|
|Tour Code:||USC 7|
|Created for:||SMY Tours|
|Tour Name:||Discover Uganda|
|Dates:||20JAN,17 FEB,17 MAR,21 APR,19 MAY,16 JUN, 21 JUL, 18 AUG, 15 SEP, 20 OCT, 17 NOV, 15 DEC 2019|
|Rooms:||02 (additional on Request)|
|Permits:||04 (additional on Request)|
|Permits:||04 (additional on Request)|
|Release period||90 Days|
|Meals:||As detailed in the itinerary|
ITINERARY AT A GLANCE
|1||Entebbe||The Boma Guesthouse||BB||Arrival Trsf|
|2||Murchison Falls National Park||Kabalega Wilderness lodge||LDBB||Trsf, P|
|3||Murchison Falls National Park||Kabalega Wilderness lodge||LDBB||A,BT,P|
|4||Kibale Forest National Park||Primate lodge luxury ensuite cottages||LDBB||Trsf|
|5||Queen Elizabeth National Par||Katara Lodge||LDBB||Ct, Trsf, P|
|6||Queen Elizabeth National Par||Katara Lodge||LDBB||A,BT,P|
|7||Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park||Chameleon Hill Lodge||LDBB||Trsf|
|8||Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park||Chameleon Hill Lodge||LDBB||GT|
L-Lunch, D-Dinner, BB-Bed and breakfast, LDBB-Lunch, dinner, bed and breakfast, Trsf-Transfer, E-Early morning game drive, A-Morning game drive, P-Afternoon game drive, HDS-Half Day sightseeing, FDS-Full Day Sightseeing, GT-Gorilla tracking, CT-Chimpanzee tracking, BT-Boat trip, CV-Community village visit.
- Only 600 gorillas remain in the world and half of them are found in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National park.
- Bwindi National Park offers some of the best montane- forest bird watching in Africa with about 350 recorded different species including rare ones.
- Enjoy tracking playful chimpanzees through the dense Kibale forest, the Park with 13 different primate species is one of the best in Africa
- In Kibale Forest, marvel at the various forest, woodland birds including the Prigogine ground thrush endemic only to Uganda
- Embarking on an early morning game drive in hopes of spotting The Big Five in Queen Elizabeth and Murchison Falls National parks, indeed the former park is “Queen of parks” in Uganda.
Arrival at Entebbe International Airport. Met and assisted by a Safari Chapter representative. Transfer to Entebbe (~10min) for overnight. OVERNIGHT: HOTEL NUMBER5 (BB) Hotel No. 5 is a stylish boutique hotel nestled in the leafy suburbs of Entebbe, Uganda. Ideally located 10 minutes from Entebbe International Airport, Hotel No. 5 may be located in Uganda’s second largest city, but the peaceful hotel grounds will provide an escape from the buzz and activity of Entebbe. Make yourself at home – unwind beside the swimming pool, pamper yourself with a spa treatment, or work up a sweat in the hotel gym. For one of the most flavoursome dining experiences in Entebbe, carefully planned menus are paired to an international wine list, and served with pride.
0800Hrs after breakfast, drive to Murchison Falls National park, (~5 Hrs. drive). Arrive in time for lunch at the lodge. Murchison Falls National Park lies at the northern end of the Albertine Rift Valley, and is Uganda's largest and oldest conservation area, hosting 76 species of mammals and 451 birds. The park is bisected by the Victoria Nile, which plunges 45m over the remnant rift valley wall, creating the dramatic Murchison Falls, the centerpiece of the park and the final event in an 80km stretch of rapids. 1730Hrs, enjoy evening game drive. Dinner will be served at the Lodge.
OVERNIGHT: KABALEGA WILDERNESS LODGE (LDBB) Inspired by the breath-taking splendour of the wild landscapes of Murchison Falls National Park and the history and culture of the Bunyoro region of Uganda, Kabalega Wilderness Lodge will amaze you with its allure and its unique location adjacent to one of the biggest natural reserves in Uganda. It comprises of individual Safari Cabins spread throughout 7 acres of bristling bushes on the banks of the streaming waters of the mighty River Nile.
0700Hrs, Breakfast will be served at the lodge. 0730Hrs, Enjoy morning game drive in the park. 1300Hrs, Lunch will be served at the lodge. 1400Hrs, Enjoy a boat trip on River Nile, followed by afternoon game drive. 1900Hrs, Dinner at the Lodge. OVERNIGHT: KABALEGA WILDERNESS LODGE (LDBB)
0700Hrs, Breakfast at the Lodge. 0800Hrs, Embark on an early morning drive (~07 Hrs.) with Picnic Lunch to Kibale Forest Park, which is home to some 13 species of primates including the red colobus, chimpanzee and L'Hoest's monkeys as well as 70 mammal species. 1630Hrs, Nature walks
1900Hrs, Dinner will be served at the lodge. OVERNIGHT: PRIMATE LODGE LUXURY COTTAGES (PRIVATE AND ENSUITE) (LDBB) Primate Lodge Kibale’s principal edge is the location, tucked deep in the forest and right next door to the starting point for Chimpanzee tracking excursions.
Breakfast will be served at the lodge. After briefing, embark on the chimp tracking which takes about 2-3 hours. On the trek, you can see other primates such as grey-cheeked mangabeys along with red tailed and blue monkeys. Your expert guide will share the secrets of the forest's flora and fauna, ensuring that the trail is both informative and enjoyable. Lunch will be served at Primate Lodge.
1400Hrs drive to Queen Elizabeth National Park (~3Hrs), through volcanic crater lakes, and on a clear day one can see the famous “Mountains of the Moon”, The Rwenzori Mountains. 1730Hrs, Enjoy a game drive. Dinner and overnight. OVERNIGHT KATARA LODGE(LDBB) Katara Lodge, is a small lodge perched on the hills overlooking the vast savannah plains of the Queen Elizabeth National Park.
0700Hrs Breakfast at the lodge. 0730Hrs, Enjoy morning game drive in the Queen Elizabeth National Park whose diverse ecosystems include sprawling savanna, shady, humid forests, sparkling lakes and fertile wetlands, that make it the ideal habitat for classic big game, primates and over 600 species of birds. Set against the backdrop of the jagged Rwenzori Mountains, the park’s magnificent vistas include dozens of enormous craters carved dramatically into rolling green hills and the panoramic views of the Kazinga Channel. 1300Hrs Lunch at the lodge. 1400Hrs, Take a boat trip on the Kazinga Channel, 32 Kms long followed by a game drive. This water system has the highest concentration of Hippo in the world and you will get quite close to them. See also crocodile, buffalo and other game that drink from the channel, also marvel at the abundant ornitho-life that is supported here. OVERNIGHT: KATRA LODGE (LDBB)
0630Hrs, Breakfast at the Lodge. 0700Hrs, drive to Chameleon hill lodge (~6 Hrs.), your base for Gorilla tracking for the next 2 nights. 1330Hrs arrive at the lodge for a late Lunch and enjoy the rest of the afternoon at leisure, or walks in and around the lodge
The Bwindi Impenetrable National Park (BINP) is a sanctuary for colobus monkeys, chimpanzees, and many birds such as hornbills and turacos. It is most notable for the 340 Bwindi gorillas, half of the world's population of the critically endangered mountain gorillas. It is accessible only on foot and is a United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization-designated World Heritage Site. Dinner and overnight at the lodge. OVERNIGHT CHAMELEONE HILL LODGE(LDBB) Chameleon Hill is a peaceful and exclusive retreat on the shores of Lake Mutanda, adjacent to Bwindi and Mgahinga National Parks. It features ten luxury en-suite Chalets, each one individually decorated with that “arty touch”, painted in bright and happy colors – just like a chameleon.
Today after an energizing breakfast, you will embark on your gorilla trek. Before 8 am report to the ranger station for registration and briefing by one of the rangers; the guides will then lead you through the undergrowth, parting thick creepers, to track the gorillas. The trek can take anywhere from half an hour to 7 hours – a reasonable degree of fitness is required as well as a sturdy pair of walking boots. It is an extraordinary feeling sitting in the dense rainforest knowing you are with a few of the last remaining mountain gorillas – sadly enough there are only about 650 of these beautiful creatures left. You are allowed exactly one hour with the gorillas before returning to the base station. OVERNIGHT CHAMELEONE HILL LODGE(LDBB)
0630Hrs Breakfast at the Lodge. 0700Hrs Transfer to the Kisoro airstrip (~02Hrs) for scheduled flight (0925hrs/1125hrs) to Entebbe International airport. Transfer to international terminal for outbound flight.
NETT AND NON-COMMISSIONABLE RATES; 2019
LOW SEASON : 01 APR -31 MAY, 01 NOVEMBER- 30 NOVEMBER
Each of 2 paying clients sharing in twin; US$ 3,997
Each of 3 paying clients sharing in twin; US$ 3,644
Each of 4 paying clients sharing in twin; US$ 3,401
Each of 5 paying clients sharing in twin; US$ 3,314
Each of 6 paying clients sharing in twin; US$ 3,221
Single room supplement; US$278.00
HIGH SEASON : 01 JANUARY-28 FEBRUARY 2018, 01 JUNE-30 SEPTEMBER 2018 01 DECEMBER-31 DECEMBER 2018
Each of 2 paying clients sharing in twin; US$4,432
Each of 3 paying clients sharing in twin; US$4,072
Each of 4 paying clients sharing in twin; US$3,807
Each of 5 paying clients sharing in twin; US$3,720
Each of 6 paying clients sharing in twin; US$3,646
Single room supplement; US$410.00
MID SEASON : 01 -31 MARCH, 01 – 31 OCTOBER
Each of 2 paying clients sharing in twin; US$ 4,171
Each of 3 paying clients sharing in twin; US$ 3,838
Each of 4 paying clients sharing in twin; US$ 3,571
Each of 5 paying clients sharing in twin; US$ 3,407
Each of 6 paying clients sharing in twin; US$ 3,371
Single room supplement; US$278.00
- *Revised Gorilla permit fees by Uganda Wildlife Authority (UWA) effective 01st January 2018 for the low season months of April, May and November
- The following are the incremental rates: ADD TO PER PERSON RATES ABOVE .
- TOTAL SUPPLEMENT PER PERSON USD 150.00
- 1 Nights’ accommodation at Hotel number5 on Bed & Breakfast basis
- 2 Nights’ accommodation at Kabalega Wilderness Lodge on full board basis
- 1 Nights’ accommodation at Primate Lodge Luxury cottages on full board basis
- 2 Nights’ accommodation at Katara Lodge on full board basis
- 2 Nights’ accommodation at Chameleon Hill Lodge on full board basis
- 1 Gorilla permit per person, All park entrance fees
- All game drives as per itinerary
- Services of a qualified English Speaking Driver Guide. French and Spanish on request.
- Porterage during Gorilla tracking
- One drink per dinner per person (A glass one wine, beer or soft drink)
- 1 Scheduled flight Bwindi to Entebbe International Airport
- 1 liter bottle of mineral water per person per day while on a road safari in a SENSE OF AFRICA UGANDA vehicle
- Transport in 1 x 4x4 Landcruiser
The Package Excludes:
- Arrival and departure airport transfers (transfers will cost USD 80 per vehicle one way.)
- All International Flights + Taxes
- Visas at US$50 per person for single entry visa
- Travel & Personal accident insurance
- Tips & personal expenses such as telephone calls…etc.
- Excursions not detailed in above program
Option for US$50 per person changed into Uganda shillings and handed to clients in case Forex bureau not easily accessible on arrival at Entebbe Airport(let us know if to add to our invoice)
OPTIONAL TOURS (costs not included in rates above);
- Hot Air Balloon tours in Murchison Falls or Queen Elizabeth National Parks(minimum of 4 and to be booked in advance at US$380 per person)
- Bush breakfast in Murchison Falls(minimum of 4 pax at US$60 each)
- Bush dinner in Murchison Falls National Park(minimum of 4 pax at US$90 each)
- Top of Murchison Falls walk US$20 per person
- In Queen Elizabeth park, option Predator tracking experience for US$150 per person where clients go with trained researchers who dart lions or leopards and then give a narration on predator behaviors